Thursday, January 20, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Dad!

Can you believe my dad is only 51?? In 51 years Dad has accomplished quite a lot! "Well, what has he ever done?" you ask? Take a peak...

My Dad has FOUR grandkids... one on the way... and two honorary. That makes seven kiddos who lovingly call him Papa and yearn for his attention.

He has been married to his "Lovely Bride" {as he affectionately calls her} for 31 years. He is a better husband now than he has ever been. Thank you Jesus!

He has cleaned the mean streets of Los Angeles of countless criminals.

He has saved lives.

His own life has been saved by Jesus for several decades now.

He has ran from the eastern to the western Sierra Nevadas in one morning approximately eight times now.

He lovingly joined me in the production of The Nutcracker and Peter Pan. And he danced. And when he got fired from the latter play, he was willing to come on as Tinker Bell. Not joking here.

Wow, I am so thankful for my Dad. I have too many good memories of him. My husband claims he spoiled me growing up, but I think it was just selfless love he demonstrated. One time my dad told me that if something happened to Mom, he would just move in with me because we get along so well. He is welcome anytime.

Thank you for being such a fantastic Dad. I love you. Happy Birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment