Friday, March 5, 2010

First Appointment


We had our first appointment with our midwife, Theresa Lurch. It was great! I really love the office and I really like Theresa so far as well. We were able to have our first ultrasound and see our little baby's heartbeat! It was really wonderful. I'm so thankful that baby is thriving. I found out that I have lost about 8 pounds so far and Theresa wasn't worried about this at all. I decided that despite the nausea I would not take any drugs to control it. I thought about it a lot and decided that if I am passionate about natural birth, I think I should be passionate about natural pregnancy too. In God's sovereignty anything could happen with our birth and pregnancy and things could end up totally different than I anticipate, but as far as I can control it, I want to stay away from any drugs. I am almost 9 weeks, so I'm hoping and praying that I only have a few more weeks of this left! Then life can get back to normal (somewhat).



I'm trying to convince Chris that we don't want to know the sex of the baby until they're born. I think it would be so exciting to wait! He is totally not on board on with this yet, but I have several weeks to convince him otherwise. As I was browsing the internet I decided that I'm not really that into gender specific things and would rather have the excitement of finding out the sex of our baby in the hospital room. Something about that is so wonderful to me. I'll keep you posted on what Chris decides!

Tomorrow Chris and I are going to Idaho for the day and we're going to run some errands and browse Target for baby items. We want to get a feel for what we like. I'm hoping that I can get through the day not being too sick. I'm very excited about going to Coldstone!

We aren't moving next week after all. The people are still holding our apartment for us, but we need to get someone into our place first because we are in a lease. Lots of people have come to see it and liked it, but I think because it's a studio they tend to get turned off by it.

Well, there's all my boring updates. I have been laying around more than I ever have, eating the worst possible foods, and I haven't done a dish for several weeks...too gross right now. Our little church is really putting Jesus on display in how they serve us right now. Today my friend Tiffany is coming over to help me clean. Praise the Lord for His people! I'm looking forward to visiting CA in a few weeks, camping in Moab, celebrating our 2nd anniversary, Hawaii, and Mom and Dad Buczinski coming into town in May. Lots to look forward to this spring and summer!

1 comment:

  1. I got this big baby target magazine the other day and I saw this one bedding set that was unisex and had goldish yellow and red in it and thought of you... I can't remember if you said you liked those colors or something. :) anyway so I thought of you even if the colors were wrong. :)
    and hawaii sounds like a wonderful welcome break from the norm!!

    ReplyDelete