Thursday, May 19, 2011

Happy Birthday Heather!


Heather is my brother's wife. She came into the family in 2002 (I think) before I became a believer. It was fun to have a new sister, but I was self-consumed at the time and wasn't thinking much about it. When I unexpectedly got pregnant with Aubrey, Heather was a huge support. She faithfully came to my birthing classes with me and stood by me during labor. She was there when Aubs was born and a deeper friendship was made at that time.

After God saved me in 2003 our relationship took a turn as now we weren't just sisters by law, but we were both a part of the family of God and sisters in Christ. Heather is a dear friend. She was with me when I moved in to my college dorm at Masters, she gave me cooking lessons in her apartment in Northridge, and she stood with me when I married Chris.

Some things I love about Heather...

She has a big laugh.

She is a fantastic listener.

She heartily encouraged me to date Chris.

She has beautiful, fun, funny children that I adore.

Heather is real about her relationship with Jesus.

She has loved and served my brother very well. She is a steadfast and enduring wife.

Heather, I love you so much! I wish I could be with you as you celebrate your birthday this year. It's hard to be so far away from you and your kids, but God's purposes are very good in it. Lord willing, we will live close one day soon! I hope you enjoy your birthday a ton.

1 comment:

  1. I love her too!
    Examples and proof:

    1. I married her
    2. she is awesome
    3. ...

    well, the rest would pretty much be examples to show how much she loves me. she thinks of others first in all things, and is such an amazing partner!!!!!

    ReplyDelete