Sunday, April 3, 2011

Two Birthdays!


My nephew William and my niece Amalia have birthdays two days apart. Friday Liam turned TWO and today Ami turns FIVE! I love these kids SO much. They are completely adorable and make my heart melt every time I get to see them.

I have a couple really special memories of Amalia. Christmas 2007, my future husband came up and spent Christmas with my family even though I didn't know him super well and he had never met my family. He slept in the living room on a blow up bed. My brother's family was living with my parents at the time while their house was being built next door and early in the morning Amalia started exploring Chris and jumping all over him. Seeing as I didn't know him super well, it could have been awkward--him in his underwear, waking up to the family of the girl he likes all sitting around staring at him--but he handled it with such grace. I think all the women in my family were immediately drawn to him because of how great he was with my niece.

Another funny memory of Amalia is when we went on family vacation to Oregon this past summer. Again, we crawled up in bed with Chris while he was sleeping. His shoulder was propped up on the pillow instead of his head and when Amalia pulled the covers down slowly to wake him up and scare him, she saw his shoulder and said, "What kind of head is this?"

Seeing as Liam doesn't talk much and he was born while Chris and I were already living in WY, I haven't had nearly as many special moments with him. But I can tell you a few things... William is ALL boy. He wants to jump, run, explore, be a cowboy and be loud. He loves his family very much. When my brother's family came out to visit and Liam was put in the nursery at our church one of my friends said, "Becky, all I can think when I look at him is that you might have a child this cute." It's true, we have great genes.




No comments:

Post a Comment